Body Mass Index is a measure of the amount of weight you carry for your height and it is one of the most accurate ways to determine whether an adult is overweight. A high BMI may indicate a risk of heart disease and diabetes, especially if there are other risk factors present.
How can your Life Pharmacist help?
Our pharmacist will help you by giving you practical advice and support to help reduce your risk of developing weight related conditions such as high cholesterol and high blood pressure. They can help you to develop a tailor-made health improvement plan and help you to gain maximum benefit from your weight management and lifestyle changes.
Healthy Life-Style Tips:
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables
- Reduce salt and sugar intake
- Replace saturated fats with unsaturated fats
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Increase physical exercise
- Get enough sleep
- Engage in relaxation techniques e.g. meditation, reading, listening to music