Covid-19 Vaccine Update: 31st December 2022
Covid Booster Doses
You can book your booster Vaccine here.
Please check your eligibility before you book.
Booster vaccine doses are now being offered for COVID-19:
• third booster - people age 65 and older, people age 12 and older with a weak immune system (if you received a second booster which was the older vaccine type more than 4 months ago you are eligible for a booster with the new bivalent vaccine)
• second booster – see below
• first booster - all people age 12 and older and (5 to 11 year olds with a weak immune system can get a booster in vaccination centres)
Bivalent COVID-19 vaccines
New bivalent COVID-19 vaccines are now being offered as booster doses. These adapted vaccines are expected to give you better protection against COVID-19, including the Omicron variant.
Covid 3rd Booster
You can get your third booster dose now if you are:
• age 65 or older
• if you are 50-64 years, or 12-49 years with a condition that puts you at high risk of serious illness from Covid-19, and you received a second booster more than four months ago which was the older vaccine type, you are eligible for a booster with the new bivalent vaccine
• age 12 or older with a weak immune system
Covid 2nd Booster
You should get a second booster if you are:
• age 18 to 49 - wait at least 6 months since getting your last COVID-19 vaccine or COVID-19 infection
• You can still get your second booster dose if you are 50 to 64
• If you are pregnant (from 16 weeks)
• 12 or older with a condition that puts you at high risk of serious illness from COVID-19 - for example, diabetes, asthma or heart disease
• a healthcare worker - bring your work ID or a letter as proof of employment
• 12 or older living in a long-term care facility- this will be given where you live
How long to wait before getting your booster
Wait at least 4 months since getting your last COVID-19 vaccine. You can check the date of your last vaccine on your digital COVID-19 certificate. If you had COVID-19, wait at least 4 months since you tested positive or from when your symptoms started. (If you are aged 18-49 with no underlying conditions this period is extended to 6 months)
If you are pregnant
If you have not already had a booster during this pregnancy, you can get a second booster at or after 16 weeks of your pregnancy.
Why get a booster dose
It's important to keep up-to-date with your COVID-19 vaccines, even if you are already vaccinated or you have had COVID-19. The protection from previous doses or a COVID-19 infection may weaken with time. You may be at higher risk of severe disease if you get COVID-19. A booster can prevent the possibility of hospitalisation or death from COVID-19 illness.
It may take 7 days for a COVID-19 vaccine booster dose to work.
Booking your vaccine
Please click the Book Now button below. If your preferred pharmacy has availability, the booking portal will show the available dates and times. If you are do not see availability in your preferred store please check another store. As more appointments become available they will be released onto the booking portal.